Low Testosterone Blog and Forums

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Until I build some sort of profile page, please put your info in your signature under the Profile > Personality page. Ex: 53yo, 200mg T.cypionate every 14days since May2012, T=485

#1 Oct 7, 2012 7:50 pm

SoDakLowT

Brain Fog?

Hey all...

I'm new to the site.  33 year old male been dealing with low T for 2 years.  Was convinced that my low T was a consequence and not the cause of all of my health issues over the last two years. In an effort to feel better, I've tried all kinds of dietary adjustments, elimination diets, etc. trying to feel better. Had every medical test performed.  Nothing really worked. I'm at the point of trying TRT and am hoping to try HCG first. Before I kick things off, I wanted to see if anyone has dealt with brain fog, which is my worst symptom. It is like I cannot concentrate, have difficulty thinking, etc.  It is maddening.

I've repeatedly tested in the 200's for free, and around 8 for the other type. Pretty dam low. My LH and FSH are dead low and so I've been formally diagnosed with secondary hypergonadism.  Also have partially empty sella confirmed by MRI.

So again, anybody experience constant brain fog as a primary consequence of low T?

And did it improve with treatment? And how long after treatment until you noticed a diff?

Thanks all.

#2 Oct 7, 2012 8:44 pm

ClaytonTX

Re: Brain Fog?

Yes, I had that too but with other symptoms that accompany Low-T. Namely, lack of libido, ED, fatigue, depression, loss of muscle, and increased body fat. My brain fog was so bad that I was diagnosed as having adult ADD. If you have several other symptoms related to Low-T, it could be the culprit. The guy who started this forum has several videos on youtube describing how he felt before and during TRT therapy: http://www.youtube.com/user/lowtguy

I began feeling better after one month of treatment with testosterone injections, but went through a period where I was up and down. I just added HCG because my doctor thinks my own production decreased because of the shots. So far, I feel better after the first dose of HCG.

45yo, 6'1" 185lbs
200mg T.cypionate every 14 days / HCG sublingual every 3 days
T= 430ng/dL (May 1, 2012)
Current level = ?

#3 Oct 7, 2012 8:47 pm

Brian

I've said for years that I felt like my brain was in a fog.  Just never knew it had to do with low-t.  When I asked my doc to check it back in July, my main motive was to hopefully explain my fatigue and low libido.  As you see below, my two test results confirmed low-t and I was put on Androderm.  After a couple of weeks, I can tell you that the first difference I noticed was that my brain fog lifted.  I haven't experienced my mind that clear in a long long time.  And it was really nice.  I noticed it one day when someone asked me a complex question at work and I easily explained it to him.  After our conversation ended and he left I remember wondering to myself how in the world I was able to do that since usually I am searching for words.  Unfortunately, I had to stop the patches after 19 days because I was getting blistery red itchy rashes on every spot I used.  Right now I am waiting for the rashes to disappear (doc's orders) before I go on to something else but I am eager to get back to that experience.  I left a message with the doc on Friday to see if he can say that they are gone enough - itch is gone, skin has healed, but still discolored.  Some fog has returned but not like before.  One thing I have learned though from this and other boards is that everyone is different.  But that has been my experience so far.

46yo, on Androgel since Oct 12
7/02 - TT 158ng/dL
7/30 - TT 180ng/dL, FT 7.5pg/mL, LH/FSH 4.8/7.3mIU/mL
12/31 - TT 323ng/dL, FT 9.7pg/mL, Estradiol 35.1pg/mL

#4 Oct 8, 2012 9:20 am

Phil-NJ

"The Fog" is actually kind of common I think.  It's also difficult to realize that you're in it 'cause it comes on gradually.  Personally, I was attributing it to 'getting older', which on the one hand made sense, but on the other I was thinking that if this is what it was like at 52, 60 must be like drowning in quicksand!

I began to feel remarkably better within a few days of my first injection, and 6 months in I'm still improving but at a less accelerated pace and in smaller increments.

Phil

54yo, 70mg T-cypionate IM every 7 days, TT=435,E2=26  Pre-treatment total testosterone = 170

#5 Oct 13, 2012 5:45 pm

AMETonyD

SoDakLowT wrote:

Hey all...

I'm new to the site.  33 year old male been dealing with low T for 2 years.  Was convinced that my low T was a consequence and not the cause of all of my health issues over the last two years. In an effort to feel better, I've tried all kinds of dietary adjustments, elimination diets, etc. trying to feel better. Had every medical test performed.  Nothing really worked. I'm at the point of trying TRT and am hoping to try HCG first. Before I kick things off, I wanted to see if anyone has dealt with brain fog, which is my worst symptom. It is like I cannot concentrate, have difficulty thinking, etc.  It is maddening.

I've repeatedly tested in the 200's for free, and around 8 for the other type. Pretty dam low. My LH and FSH are dead low and so I've been formally diagnosed with secondary hypergonadism.  Also have partially empty sella confirmed by MRI.

So again, anybody experience constant brain fog as a primary consequence of low T?

And did it improve with treatment? And how long after treatment until you noticed a diff?

Thanks all.

I can relate to this "brain fog" that you report.
I can only describe it as a wtf moment, where say theres something i need to do, and the most obvious solution isnt something i first think of.
or it takes me forever to concentrate on a task. people say its add or adhd, but i think having low t is just the symptom not the cause..

and there can be many causes to why you t is low.
for me it's klinefelter's syndrome. for you maybe its the same, maybe not. perhaps see a geneticist and get some blood work done to rule that out.

#6 Oct 15, 2012 1:00 am

bretla

I can totally relate to the "brain fog", not being able to remember peoples names whom I should know, taking forever to figure out the simplest tasks, then having the energy to complete them.  My work has suffered through the past few years.

Do you have OCD?  Leaving the house pretty sure you didn't leave the door unlocked, only to have to go back and check because you "can't remember for sure" if you did it. Phil is right it comes on slowly, but then there comes that day where you have to admit that "something just isn't right" and that you shouldn't be this bad.

So I went online and started researching supplements, vitamins and minerals that all the sites said I am deficient in if I have all of these symptoms.  Next thing I now I'm spending alot of money taking handfuls of pills that did absolutely nothing for me. 

In my 5th month of injections and I have made a change for the better!  Yes I still do sometimes forget things, but not like before.  I noticed big changes with the first month.  Now, the changes may be less noticeable, but I feel good with my energy level and my mental "awareness".  I hope you will too!

45yo, 6'2", 191lbs.
200/180mg Test weekly (alternating)
Pre TRT level, June 2012 = 289 ng/dL
As of 3/11/14:  Total = 794.9  Free = 21.7

#7 Oct 15, 2012 1:06 am

bretla

ClaytonTX wrote:

Yes, I had that too but with other symptoms that accompany Low-T. Namely, lack of libido, ED, fatigue, depression, loss of muscle, and increased body fat. My brain fog was so bad that I was diagnosed as having adult ADD. If you have several other symptoms related to Low-T, it could be the culprit. The guy who started this forum has several videos on youtube describing how he felt before and during TRT therapy: http://www.youtube.com/user/lowtguy

I began feeling better after one month of treatment with testosterone injections, but went through a period where I was up and down. I just added HCG because my doctor thinks my own production decreased because of the shots. So far, I feel better after the first dose of HCG.

Hey, I noticed you are also on HCG.  What was your doctors reasoning for adding this to your Test-Cyp injections?  Just wondering as I am using double the amount of Test-Cyp, compared to your protocol.

BTW, I didn't know Spencer is allowing us to post cock pics on our profiles!  It's a big one ClaytonTX, you must be really proud!  wahahahahahaha

45yo, 6'2", 191lbs.
200/180mg Test weekly (alternating)
Pre TRT level, June 2012 = 289 ng/dL
As of 3/11/14:  Total = 794.9  Free = 21.7

Board footer

Messing with your hormones can permanently alter your body in negative ways. Please consult with a Doctor before following advice you get on the Internet. The information shared on this website and forum is not medical advice of any kind, is not intended to replace medical advice, has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Full medical clearance from a licensed physician should be obtained before taking any medicine/drugs. The information and opinions expressed on this forum and website is intended for educational purposes only. Low-T-Guy and all members of this forum and website claim no responsibility to any person or entity for any liability, loss, or damage caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly as a result of the use, application or interpretation of the material on this forum and website.